With the protection and safety of our campus community a top priority, Missouri S&T is launching Alertus, a free desktop application that will notify you of any emergency alerts.
Alertus delivers emergency notifications to all active S&T desktops and laptops, including classroom computers, faculty and staff computers, computer learning center (CLC) workstations, and computers in residential halls and Greek housing. You may also install it on your personal computer. Once the application is installed on your PC or Mac, you will receive a desktop notification whenever a campus emergency alert is sent.
All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to enhance their safety by downloading the application on their personal computers. Alertus is automatically installed on campus computers.
To install Alertus on your computer:
For Windows 10 machines
Download the Zip file for Windows:
- Click on the Download for Windows button below.
- At the pop-up box, select Save File and click OK.
- Browse to your Downloads folder.
- Right click on the S&T Alertus Windows Client zip file.
- From the pop-up menu, select Extract All to move all the files to the same folder.
- At the next pop-up window, click on Extract.
- Double-click the file: alertus-desktopalert_DotNet4.5_v22.214.171.124.msi
- The Alertus Desktop Setup Wizard will appear. Click Next and follow the Install instructions.
For OS X (Mac)
Download the Zip file for Macintosh:
- Click on the Download for OS X (MAC) button below.
- Download the file and double-click it
If you encounter issues installing the Alertus software, please contact the IT Help Desk at 341-HELP (4357) or stop by the Help Desk on the first floor of the Curtis Laws Wilson Library.